Another position to aspire towards to. The qualifications gives me an idea what subject matters that I have to deeply learn[pun intended :)]. Combine this and the Pandora position, has given me a clearer picture of what a “music scientist” need to be fluent in.
Machine Learning Engineer @ Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Apply machine learning methods to massive data sets
- Prototype new algorithms, evaluate with small scale experiments, and later production-ize solutions at scale to our over 100 million active users
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others to build new product features
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Be part of an active group of machine learners in Boston (and across Spotify) learning from and encouraging one another
- Iterate on quality through continuous A/B testing
- Work from our office in Boston (Davis Square)
Who you are
- Masters or strong undergraduate education in Machine Learning, or related field *I can’t afford school, so “pet projects” are important!
- You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar languages (not just R or Matlab)
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.